Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Dear Granny

Dear Granny, For six years of my life, you were more of a grandmother to me than my own biological one was. That is very hard for me to say, but it's obvious when someone plays favorites. I would go over to your house and spend time with you just the two of us. I never minded doing things for you because you always did so much for me and my budding family. I am so blessed for all the time we spent together and I miss hearing you call me "the little girl." I was your first granddaughter and the mother of your only great-grandson, and first born great-granddaughter. So many times I was compared to you .. said I had a lot of your character traits and we even looked alike. You truly were the matriarch of this family and held us all together. So, as you can imagine, it was a day that I will never forget when Aron told me you had passed on. I knew it was coming, but I had hoped that I would be given the chance to say goodbye. I can never express how much you meant, and continue to mean to me. I will never forget the last conversation you and I had. It was mid July 2008. I didn't have any clue that it would be the last time I would be allowed to speak to you. My divorce was difficult, but the hardest part was losing family. You stayed close to all of Mary's family after her & Dad divorced .. but I wasn't allowed to talk to you guys again .. breaks my heart. But the reason I am writing is because today, you would be 87 years old. My heart aches for you .. you were an amazing grandma and i miss your hugs. You were such an amazing person and everyone who met you just fell in love with you. I hope that I continue to have your character traits when I get older. You are missed every day. I love you Granny !! All my love, the little girl (Erinn) R.I.P. Laverne Josephine Schless-Routh 11.16.24 - 06.10.11

No comments:

Post a Comment